Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Low Rider

The DWV didn't make any difference (that I could notice).  I decided to try "low-poo" as opposed to no-poo.  I figure, as long as your hair is still healthy (free of parabens, sulfates, silicones) and happy, then that's what we're aiming for right?  I strolled on down to our local Whole Foods Co-Op (not associated with the chain Whole Foods Market) to check out what they have in the way of hair care.  I purchased these travel sized Alaffia products:

(Sorry they're not right-side up)

I thought it was really handy they had travel sizes because if it turns out I don't like it, not too much wasted.  The shampoo does not lather really at all, which I consider a good thing, since most lathering agents are detergents that are harmful to your hair.  However that means I kind of use a lot of it to make sure it gets all over my hair.  I'm not in love with the scent, it's an orangey smell, but it's very light and once rinsed out it's barely there.  I may try another brand once these run out, called Nature's Gate.  Here's a link to a Facebook post about low-poo and lists low-poo products.  I'm pretty well convinced low-poo is for me mostly because I'm too lazy to do all the experimenting that no-poo requires (let's just be honest, eh?)

No comments:

Post a Comment