Monday, May 5, 2014

Rotten Eggs

I'm starting to get frustrated.  My hair is limp and stringy, even later on in the day of day one post-wash!  I tried an egg wash (note: I did not use rotten eggs. It was only a month past the sell-by date.. that's okay, right?) My hair was not a fan of this.  Not only was it quite awkward to try and get it on my hair, but my hair felt waxy and sticky afterward.  Here's a note to anyone who wants to try an egg wash: use cold water.  Really cold water.  Raw egg + heat = scrambled eggs in your hair.  I used (what I thought was) cold water and I was still picking egg bits out of my hair post-shower.

Then I tried switching to distilled white vinegar (DWV) instead of apple cider vinegar.  So far, it's the same: greasy, limp, stringy hair.  I'm considering going low-poo but if I have to spend $20 on a bottle of low-poo shampoo and it still has things in it that I can't pronounce, I feel like it's defeating the purpose of going au naturel.  I tried putting the DWV mix on my whole head tonight instead of just the length, we'll see how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment