Monday, April 21, 2014

I Just Wanna Be Okay, Be Okay, Be Okay

One thing this whole process is (very slowly) teaching me is to just be okay with my natural hair. Whatever curl or wave or weird flick it decides to do, just be content with it. Here are a few photos of my hair post-wash where I just let it air dry.



Granted, it looks kinda limp and oily in the back and this is right after I washed it. But I've been reading about egg washes and applesauce washes to deal with oily-ness (oiliness?) and switching to distilled white vinegar (DWV) rather than apple cider vinegar (ACV).  The point is, I went out with my hair like this, to lots of places that day.  Which is kind of a big deal for a person like me, who, at one point, straightened her hair every day for at least seven years.  Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment