Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Caved

I caved and washed a day early. I could not take the grease anymore. I must say, my hair feels glorious to be clean. I also adjusted the formula a bit. My hair's been feeling really greasy lately so I decided to up the baking soda. I mixed one cup of (warm) water with 1 1/2 tablespoons of baking soda. I put in a few (read: too many) drops of tea tree oil and like three drops of lavender oil. Then I shook it realllllllly well.

My hair is definitely still in transition, but after I washed it felt a lot better. It feels thicker in the shower but by later in the day, it feels limp and thin, which I'm hoping is just my scalp producing its own oils throughout the day, and it'll get over it.

I am curious as to how I'll know when it's that "magic" moment; when I'll know that my hair is done with transition. I'm really quite scared when I read these posts on the Facebook group from women who've been doing no-poo for MONTHS (like, seven!) and still no success. I'm hopeful that since my transition is not ridiculously horrible so far, that I won't end up in that situation.

Here's a picture of my roots post-wash and dry. Please excuse my finger partially over the lense.


1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize that the transition period was so intense. When I stopped using shampoo I just stopped. Am I doing every thing wrong?!?!

    ReplyDelete